Sunday, January 20, 2013

#hanin2cambodia Packing Tips

Here are some items you must bring during your visit to Cambodia/Angkor wat


Comfortable walking shoe. You will walk on dirt trails and climb some stairs, a lot. So make sure u bring a pair of comfortable walking shoe and pairs of socks. 


Sun glasses, hat, sun block and after sun lotion (Aloevera gel). It gets so hot around 10am - 3pm. If u still wanna visit the temples during that time, make sure you equip your self with sun protection. And choose temples that is well covered.

Cotton t-shirt. Make sure it'll absorb your sweat. Local t-shirt is available on old market, Siem Reap, as low as $2.5

Water. Rehydrate yourself! I left my 1.5lt mineral water in my tuk-tuk, i brought along my 600ml bottle during my walk, refilled the small bottle once I'm back on the tuk-tuk. 600ml water in Angkor Wat cost $1 while 1.5lt water in the city cost only $0.7


Guide book. Helps you with structure of the temple and little bit of history of the temple. I brought my Lonely Planet. There are plenty of (copied) guide book seller on the temple.



And here are some apps i mostly used during my visit to Cambodia.



HDR Camera. Helps a lot to capture more dramatic pictures.



City Maps2Go. An offline maps app. If u don't have use local mobile connection (wifi is everywhere in the city) this map will surely help. Turn on ur GPS and voila, never lost track on your current position.


As for the Angkor Wat pass, i put it in a plastic so it won't get wet nor torn.

I had a very great time during my Visit to Cambodia, 11-17 January 2013. And i hope these tips will help you to enjoy Cambodia as much as I did.


Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment